Renée Riddell-Garner - Barrister
Renée was admitted to the bar in December 1999, and started her first legal job the following year. She joined the independent bar in April 2015, after working in a selection of interesting public and private legal roles, including as Legislative Counsel for Parliament’s secretariat, legal advisor to the Regulations Review Committee, and General Counsel for an occupational regulator.
Renée’s clients include public and private sector businesses, and individuals. She works with a range of people including frontline staff, policy advisors, in-house lawyers, chief executives, chairpersons, Ministers and members of Parliament, senior leadership teams and boards.
Renée specialises in:
- a broad range of public and administrative law
- corporate and governance law
- occupational regulation and discipline
- privacy and official information law
- parliamentary law and procedure
- delegated and other legislation
- complaints management
- legal training and development.
Renée is available to:
- provide legal opinion, strategic and operational advice, and advocacy
- advise on, or carry out inquiries or investigations
- review, design and implement legal policies and practices, such as privacy and official information, complaints and investigations, and decision-making
- deliver legal training and mentoring to upskill lawyers.
Renée is a big picture thinker with an eye for detail, and she understands strategic and operational drivers. As well as providing legal services, she has been a senior manager, including being second-in-command in an organisation, and acting as Chief Executive on a number of occasions. This experience means clients can rely on her to provide them with thorough, robust and useful legal advice.
Renée Riddell-Garner T: 04 499 5655 M: 027 293 5655 E: email@example.com LinkedIn: https://nz.linkedin.com/in/reneeriddellgarner